Business Development Manager - DTU Campus, Lyngby, Denmark
Purpose of role:
The purpose of this role is to identify and secure non-EIT funding which will count against Climate-KIC’s targets for revenue diversification, which for 2018 stands at €10 million. As a key member of Climate-KIC’s business development and fund-raising team, you will contribute directly to the delivery of Climate-KIC’s Financial Sustainability strategy. As a Nordic Business Development Manager, you will also support Climate-KIC Nordic ApS’ performance delivery where we are currently working to secure funding from various clients to support climate impact and innovative actions involving our own legal entity and that of our partners.
You will report to the Nordic Business Development Lead and work closely with the Head of Business Development and New Business team at the Climate-KIC European level. Approximately 50% of your time will be allocated to pan-European business development and fund-raising activities with 50% focussing on the Nordics. The proportion of time may vary over time given the relative success in securing and delivering on contracts in the Nordics.
Contracts under implementation generally entail a Climate-KIC contribution to: match research results with demand side needs for instance in companies and cities, run workshops and disseminate information, communication services, run open innovation processes and competitions, provide training on innovation and entrepreneurship, online education services as well as providing matchmaking and access to European stakeholders. We also devise and sell sponsorship packages to support our Climate-KIC Accelerator (start-up) activities, our world-wide Climathons as well as our successful education programs.
You will work with a diverse set of stakeholders, ranging from students, researchers, start-ups, business developers, city officials, company experts and investors as well as the partner group in the Nordic region and across Europe.
- Customer and donor outreach: To reach out, meet, and engage with potential partners and funders to advance Climate-KIC’s mission and fundraise external funds
- Proposal development: To develop large-scale fundraising project proposals for Foundations, Corporates, EU Institutions and other clients such as city, regional and national administrations.
- Product and services development: To support the development of new products and services on climate innovation.
- Ideate and identify new opportunities for furthering innovation across the Nordics with our existing partners
- Assist with developing new project ideas on existing projects or projects for new funding within the Nordics:
- Plan and execute business development campaigns (incl. events) in collaboration with communications and event management specialist
- Develop and maintain presentations and other marketing materials
- Maintain CRM database and log outreach and engagement activities
- Contribute to Financial Sustainability and revenue diversification reporting monthly and on an ad hoc basis as required, providing accurate and timely information on pipeline and opportunity development.
Key Working Relationships
- Business Development Lead, Nordics
- Central Business Development team
- Nordic team
- Students, researchers and start ups
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Your application should consist of a full curriculum vitae and a covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, and outlining your interest in and vision for the role.
Please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org.