Clean Energy Hack
During the Nordic Clean Energy Week in May, EIT Climate-KIC is inviting 60 young people to a Clean Energy Hack. Starting on 22 May, future change makers will spend three days using their knowledge, insights and creativity to find solutions to climate challenges faced by international cities like Singapore and Hamilton. The best solutions will be honoured at the Sustainable Urban Solutions Conference on 23 May.
Co-organised by the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Aalborg University, Student & Innovation House and EIT Climate-KIC, the Clean Energy Hack will address tough challenges presented by international cities like Singapore and Hamilton.
The Clean Energy Hack brings together cities’ climate challenges with top talent with the passion and ability to solve them. On 22 May participants collaborate intensively for 12 hours on real climate challenges in selected cities. The best solutions will be presented on stage at the Sustainable Urban Solutions Conference in Copenhagen on 23 May, where representatives of those cities will attend.
On 24 May, all the Clean Energy hackers are invited to reconvene for an ActionLab where they will be supported to work further on scaling the impact of their ideas. The goal being for the presented ideas to develop into tangible and scalable sustainable solutions for municipalities to implement. The hackathon presents a fantastic opportunity to contribute to mitigate climate change and create healthier, cleaner and more sustainable cities.
Who is it for?
We invite students, young professionals and experts in sustainable urban planning, energy transitions, renewables, climate change, sustainability and other related fields to come together for an intensive collaborative hackathon.
We will handpick 60 talented people for this hackathon – do you want to be one of them? Apply before 6 May!
Why attend the Clean Energy Hack
- Meet, collaborate and co-create with other driven individuals
- Learn from industry experts, decision makers and opinion leaders
- Develop your knowledge of climate and energy-related challenges in cities
- Pitch in front of a panel of international city representatives and innovation experts
- Win a trip to the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona to pitch at the Nordic Pavilion, courtesy of Rockwool, Cleantech Scandinavia, Innovation Norway, Business Finland and CLEAN.
- Get coaching and support in further developing and scaling your idea
Nordic Clean Energy Week (#NCEW2018)
This two-day Clean Energy hackathon is part of the official programme of the Nordic Clean Energy Week. Hosted by the cities of Copenhagen and Malmö, it ties together the Clean Energy Ministerial and Mission Innovation which take place at the same time.
- EIT Climate-KIC
- Cleantech Scandinavia
- Tillväxtvärket – The Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth
- Innovation Norway
- Business Finland
- Promote Iceland
The Clean Energy Hack is part of the Clean Energy Week in Malmö and Copenhagen 21-25 May 2018: