Communications Contractor for Initiative on Inclusive Job Creation
About BSR and GISC
BSR is a global nonprofit business network dedicated to sustainability. BSR works with its global network of nearly 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North and South America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and crosssector collaboration. Together with the Rockefeller Foundation, BSR launched the GISC in 2016. The GISC seeks to build more inclusive and productive supply chains through advancing Impact Sourcing among multi-national corporations and their network of suppliers. By increasing awareness and uptake of this inclusive hiring practice, the GISC aims to provide people from disadvantaged and vulnerable communities with access to foundational job opportunities and career development, ultimately contributing to improved social and economic well-being of families, communities, and nations.
BSR is looking for a communications contractor to provide support over a period of 15 months (from November 2017 through January 2019) around the following strategic and tactical areas:
- Develop communications strategy that seeks to reinforce the positioning of impact sourcing as a preferred procurement practice, and the GISC as key to creation of an effective market for impact sourcing services.
- Launch an Impact Sourcing Challenge in January 2018, to rally member companies to hire 100,000 new Impact Workers by 2020, including development of a media strategy for promoting the Challenge across traditional and social media platforms, both for the launch and ongoing over time during implementation.
- Develop new content on Impact Sourcing in practice, including case studies on buyers, suppliers and workers.
- Expand digital platform(s) including greater use of social media, e.g. continue to expand the initiatives’ website as well as launch and operate LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter profiles. Communications Contractor for Initiative on Inclusive Job Creation BSR Request for Proposal 1
- Continue – and scale up – exposure through pitching and authoring stories for mainstream media in North America and Europe.
- Develop and manage relationships with select professionals and business associations, and leverage their channels to deliver consistent messaging/information to the market.
- Assistance with GISC event planning, including marketing, development of communications materials, and media relations.
The principal target groups for the GISC and communications outreach are procurement professionals and business services managers in multi-national companies that outsource business services (“Buyers”), and HR managers and sales professionals in business supplier organizations (“Suppliers”). In addition, we will aim to reach other stakeholders that influence the wider business ecosystem for impact sourcing including local governments, regional development agencies, job developers, private foundations and other actors focused on creating an inclusive economy.
Buyer Organizations Supplier Organizations Stakeholders:
- Procurement Managers;
- Supply Chain Managers;
- Business Services Managers
- HR Managers;
- Sales Managers
- Local and regional governments;
- Job developers;
- Philanthropic Foundations
Our primary target groups are based in North America and Europe, however we also expect to undertake some activities aimed at target groups in key supplier countries for BPO services such as India, Philippines and South Africa.
Key qualifications for the communications contractor include:
- Strong experience in developing, managing and promoting communications content toward private and public sector audiences;
- Experience with core communications functions (marketing materials, social media, website, etc.);
- Knowledge of and experience working on issues related to sustainability/corporate social responsibility preferred;
- Fluent English-language written and verbal communication and editing skills
The communications contractor is expected to use approximate 40 hours a month over a period of 15 months. A work plan including deliverables and timeline will be developed to support the implementation and collaboration.
The communications contractor will work remotely. However as most of the BSR GISC team is based in Copenhagen, and there will be a need for close collaboration and in-person meetings, it is preferred that the candidate is located in the Nordics or UK.
Proposals Details and Timeline
Proposals should not exceed 3 pages in length, excluding CV and client case studies (which can be attached as addenda). Please include the following information in the proposal:
- Brief outline of how you would meet the “Requested Support” detailed above
- Brief description of experience from relevant projects/client cases
- Hourly rate
Proposals should be submitted to Mark Williams, BSR Manager (email@example.com), no later than November 8 at 5:00 pm CET. Please contact Mark by email or at +45 21 20 50 15 with any questions prior to that date. Thank you very much in advance for your interest in working with BSR as we ramp up our GISC communications effort.