Finance and Accounting Manager (preferably with IT knowledge)
We are looking for a qualified, experienced Finance and Accounting Manager, who preferably also has advanced IT knowledge.
At Water Air Food Awards we believe that addressing the world’s most acute problems - Water, air and food security - starts with identifying exceptional pioneers in sustainable initiatives, that are innovative and proven to work. We share their stories across multiple platforms, aiming for global reach. We give them the visibility they deserve to inspire change and gather support to scale and replicate their solutions.
WAFA’s goal is to become a mainstream platform that mobilizes the global public. Together, we bring to light the good deeds in the world and spread a genuine message of hope.
We count on our volunteers to make that happen.
We are looking for a qualified, experienced Finance/Accounting Manager, who besides the technical qualifications, can also lead the finance team being involved as well as in IT team’s tasks realization.
You are a proactive, detail oriented, self starter, ensuring the books are correct and up to date. You work well with others in furthering the financial and overall goals of WAFA. You report to the President of WAFA.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure in accordance with Danish Tax Law.
- Ensure the accounts are current and correct.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Make sure the Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure an accurate and timely quarterly and year-end close, as well as statement of accounts and a clean audit.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting to sponsors.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Protect WAFA from financial fraud.
- Support the funding department with detailed or part budgets needed for specific funding/sales activities
- Provide training to new and existing volunteers as needed.
- Manage existing and future volunteers in the Finance/Accounting area
- Have leading participation in fulfilment of IT department’s due activities.
- University and/or MA degree in Finance and Accounting.
- Certification as Registered Accountant or HD-R is an advantage
- Degree or certification in IT is an advantage
Your experience and skills
- Experience in working with the Danish accounting system
- At least 2 years of experience in a relevant field
- Managerial experience
- Advanced IT knowledge
- Experience in reporting, budgeting and fraud management
- Strong in working with financial data
- Analytical and leadership skills
- Accurate, detail-oriented and responsible
- Ability to plan activities and meet deadlines
- Advanced computer skills; highly professional in MS Excel and PPT
- Fluent in English language; knowledge of Danish language is a plus
You will be working remotely and require access to a computer with fast internet connection. Regular Skype meetings with the WAFA area managers are required.
It goes without saying that you enjoy working with people and are a team player, and that you are self-driven and well-organized.
What we offer
At WAF Awards, we believe that addressing the world’s most acute problems, like ending hunger, preserving clean air and bringing water to every human being, starts with acknowledging people, who develop solutions that are proven to work. We strive to identify exceptional pioneers in sustainability initiatives and share their stories across multiple platforms, aiming for global reach.
You will work in an international team of enthusiasts from all backgrounds. You will have a flexible schedule and the ability to work from home on something you enjoy. Most importantly, you will have the chance to put your vision in practice and shape the future of an organization with global reach and potential by managing its communications strategy.
How to apply
You can apply with your CV and a short letter of motivation telling us why you want to join WAFA by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like our new Finance and Accounting Manager to start as soon as possible, therefore we are recruiting on an ongoing basis and have no deadline for applications. You can expect a response from our HR Manager, Mrs. Astghik Hovhannisyan (email@example.com), within a week of submission.
If you would like to know more about WAFA or have further questions, visit our website and get in touch http://wafaward.org/. We look forward to welcoming you on board!