We are looking for a Finance Assistant, whose role will be carrying out Finance and Accounting duties.
At Water Air Food Awards we believe that addressing the world’s most acute problems - Water, air and food security - starts with identifying exceptional pioneers in sustainable initiatives, that are innovative and proven to work. We share their stories across multiple platforms, aiming for global reach. We give them the visibility they deserve to inspire change and gather support to scale and replicate their solutions.
WAFA’s goal is to become a mainstream platform that mobilizes the global public. Together, we bring to light the good deeds in the world and spread a genuine message of hope.
We count on our volunteers to make that happen.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant, whose role will be carrying out Finance and Accounting duties including book-keeping, maintaining journals, financial reporting, etc.
You are a proactive, detail oriented, self-starter, able to work with confidential information and to ensure that the books are correct and up to date. You work well with others in furthering the financial and overall goals of WAFA. You report to the Finance Controller.
- Keep an ongoing record of all income to WAFA and all spending. This will include income and spending in different currencies;
- Keep on-line records of invoices, orders, expenses claims, etc.;
- Complete a finance report at the end of each month showing all financial transactions and reconcile this with bank statements for the period, ensuring the records agree;
- Prepare cash flow forecasts, if required and requested by financial controller;
- Prepare an annual statement of accounts in line with the Danish government’s requirements for small companies.
- College graduate or higher level student in Finance and/or Accounting wishing to gain work experience.
Your experience and skills
- Familiar with book-keeping principles.
- Able to maintain an accurate journal of income and expenditure.
- Numeracy, book-keeping and comfortable with currency conversion.
- Computer knowledge (including that of specific programs): Familiar with Google Drive and Dropbox. Able to use simple spreadsheets including Google Sheets, and Excel.
- Strong in working with financial data.
- Analytical thinking.
- Accurate, detail-oriented and responsible.
- Ability to plan activities and meet deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Danish languages.
You will be working remotely and require access to a computer with fast internet connection. Regular Skype meetings with the WAFA area managers are required.
It goes without saying that you enjoy working with people and are a team player, and that you are self-driven and well-organized.
What we offer
At WAF Awards, we believe that addressing the world’s most acute problems, like ending hunger, preserving clean air and bringing water to every human being, starts with acknowledging people, who develop solutions that are proven to work. We strive to identify exceptional pioneers in sustainability initiatives and share their stories across multiple platforms, aiming for global reach.
You will work in an international team of enthusiasts from all backgrounds. You will have a flexible schedule and the ability to work from home on something you enjoy. Most importantly, you will have the chance to put your vision in practice and shape the future of an organization with global reach and potential by managing its communications strategy.
How to apply
You can apply with your CV and a short letter of motivation telling us why you want to join WAFA by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like our new Finance Assistant to start as soon as possible, therefore we are recruiting on an ongoing basis and have no deadline for applications. You can expect a response from our HR Manager, Mrs. Astghik Hovhannisyan (email@example.com), within a week of submission.
If you would like to know more about WAFA or have further questions, visit our website and get in touch http://wafaward.org/. We look forward to welcoming you on board!