Associate, Human Rights and Tech
BSR is looking for an Associate to join our Human Rights and Tech team
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s more than 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
Associates are responsible for conducting research and analysis, writing, logistics planning and other support on BSR advisory services for the benefit of BSR members, funders or other clients. This will include participating in business consulting and training work as required. This role will have a focus on technology and human rights projects.
- Support project managers in implementing projects with member and other companies, particularly through research, writing and consulting on technology and human rights issues across a range of industry sectors.
- Support BSR teams in research, knowledge management, tool creation and PowerPoint development to enable improved project execution and effective business development
- Conduct primary and secondary research and analysis on leadership practices, emerging issues, and trends in technology and human rights.
- Support senior colleagues in the development of work plans, schedules and budgets for the delivery of projects.
- Contribute to the content and design of meetings, training and workshops, and ensure the relevance and accuracy of all materials.
- Provide assistance on special projects and assignments as requested to help BSR accomplish its mission and goals.
NOTE: Only candidates with these specific requirements will be considered:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Knowledge of technology and human rights issues, especially (but not limited to) issues of privacy, surveillance, freedom of expression, security, non-discrimination, and child rights arising from the increasing use of disruptive technologies, such as artificial intelligence, internet of things, 5G, and blockchain.
- Exceptional research, writing and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to meet stringent deadlines, communicate progress on projects or event planning, and work with managers to coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, for working with both internal and external clients, and for engaging with stakeholders from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- An entrepreneurial approach, and curiosity about how today’s sustainability and corporate responsibility practices may need to be redefined in an age of disruptive technology.
- High degree of fluency in English, with fluency in Spanish or French a plus.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Willingness to undertake business travel.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect and integrity, and a commitment to BSR’s mission.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, BSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at BSR are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Follow this link to apply: https://boards.greenhouse.io/bsr/jobs/4009600002