Clean Cargo Working Group Intern
Do you want help reduce the environmental impacts of global goods transportation and promote responsible shipping? BSR is seeking to engage a talented intern for our Copenhagen office for the Spring of 2021 for the Clean Cargo Working Group team.
BSR is seeking to engage 1 talented intern for our Copenhagen office for the Spring of 2021. The internship candidate should have a strong interest in working with companies to integrate sustainability into business strategies and further BSR’s mission to create a just and sustainable world.
We are looking for students who exhibits analytical thinking, curiosity, and a passion for sustainable business. Responsibilities include research, analysis, communications, direct client work, and the ability to understand and contribute to BSR’s unique organizational model. The intern will work closely with BSR staff to address current business challenges and develop solutions to some of today’s most important global sustainability issues.
Internship candidates should be enrolled in a postgraduate program and must be eligible to receive credits/points from the internship. The internship is ideally full time for 6 months. The interns will commence in the end of January / beginning of February 2021.
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 265 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s 25 years of leadership in sustainability. We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
Internship – focus on climate and collaborative initiatives - Clean Cargo Working Group
Clean Cargo is a business-to-business leadership initiative that involves major brands, cargo carriers, and freight forwarders dedicated to reducing the environmental impacts of global goods transportation and promoting responsible shipping. Clean Cargo represents around 80 percent of global container cargo capacity and constitutes the leading buyer-supplier forum for sustainability in the cargo shipping industry.
The focus of the BSR internship is threefold: 1) support the CCWG team members and contribute to the development of CCWG 2) drive and implement projects related to CCWG 3) work on consulting projects that revolve around BSR’s areas of expertise.
- Research and analysis: Conduct primary and secondary research on a broad spectrum of market, stakeholder, and policy issues and perform rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis of data and information.
- Advisory services: Collaborate with BSR staff on work with clients across several industries and topical areas. Activities may include assisting on projects for senior-level clients and conducting original research and analysis.
- Writing and communications: Prepare and/or edit written reports and briefs targeted at a business audience and develop and deliver written and oral presentations.
- Strategy: Help BSR advance business and research opportunities through analysis of trends and market conditions. Liaise with senior-level management on issues, trends, and market conditions.
Required qualifications for the CCWG position are:
- Interest or experience in climate change, decarbonization of industries, inclusive economy, supply chain management, and/or sustainability management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, strong academic and professional record, and current enrollment in relevant postgraduate program.
- Skills: Exceptional oral and written English, research, presentation, organization, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Technical expertise: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Advanced skills in Excel.
- Fluent in English; speaking Danish, Swedish or Norwegian is a plus.
This internship is unpaid and is considered a part of your postgraduate program. The intern will receive many rewarding experiences and career-development opportunities including:
- Participate in and learn about real-world sustainability opportunities and challenges through client projects, business development, and research.
- Work on international projects with BSR colleagues in eight global offices.
- Collaborate with staff members at all levels of the organization.
- Contribute ideas with the potential to see them translated into real solutions.
Application Deadline and Questions
Applicants will be invited on a rolling basis. Please send your cover letter, CV, and other relevant documents (transcripts, reference letters) and mark in your application “Internship BSR/Clean Cargo, Spring 2021” and confirm that you can receive credits for this internship from your university.
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR’s overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
At BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.