Climate Change Manager for KPMG's Sustainability Services Team
Are you looking for a challenging and exciting role in sustainability and climate change in an international environment? The opportunity to develop your leadership competences, and have an impact? Are you motivated by working with innovative colleagues in a fast-paced environment that challenges the conventional way of consulting? If so, you might be our next team member.
KPMG Denmark’s Sustainability Services team helps our clients build long-term value in a rapidly changing world. Working with professionals from KPMG’s international network, we are a trusted partner to our clients, and offer a range of services, focusing on sustainability strategy, reporting and assurance, sustainable finance, the Sustainable Development Goals, impact valuation, and climate change.
We have a start-up culture, where you will be empowered and given responsibility to lead exciting projects, coach talented people, and drive sales and business development. Your growth will be fuelled by both working in close collaboration with other teams and service lines across KPMG Denmark, as well as with the global KPMG network.
As part of a strong growth trajectory for Sustainability Services at KPMG in Denmark, we are currently looking for an experienced Climate Change Manager to join our team. You are an experienced and ambitious climate professional that is motivated by new leadership challenges and steep learning curves, who can leverage existing experience with climate change strategy, risk, and adaptation.
As a senior member of the team, you will work closely with the Head of CSR & Sustainability Services, to grow the practice, execute and further develop the team's strategy. You will be responsible for the further development and growth of the climate change strategy and portfolio. You will identify new business opportunities, convert these into client engagements, and lead delivery on our portfolio of sustainability projects.
You will play a key role in the continued growth of the team, the professional development and growth of other team members, and shaping a collaborative team in a dynamic environment.
You will be a key member of KPMG's global climate change team, together with other member firms around the world. You will be involved with internal and external engagement, thought leadership, and innovation, spearhead new product and service development, and work with the global KPMG sustainability network of over 600 sustainability experts in over 50 countries.
You understand sustainability's role as a driver of long-term growth through shared value and risk management for large corporate clients across sectors. You bring a passion for excellence, developing talent, and are driven to integrate climate strategies into large, international organizations across sectors.
As a Climate Change Manager on the CSR & Sustainability Services team, we expect you to bring:
A minimum of 5 years' experience in sustainability/management consulting and/or corporate sustainability
Experience leading climate change and sustainability projects, such as CO2 baselining, climate strategy, risk, resilience, and adaptation, across a range of industries
Demonstrated leadership potential in previous roles. Mentorship or people responsibility is a plus
Technical expertise and skills in the areas of climate change and sustainability
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with climate-related measurement and reporting frameworks, including the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol, The Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Science Based Targets, the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), etc.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, ability to synthesize environmental and climate information to provide recommendations to companies on strategy, reporting and improving performance
- Knowledge on renewable energy and carbon offsets
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks and initiatives (GRI, Integrated Reporting, etc.) is a plus
- You are up-to-date on current and upcoming climate and sustainability regulation and initiatives, and engaged with key academic, government, and NGO stakeholders in the field
Demonstrated leadership and sales competencies
- Demonstrated leadership potential and ability coach other team members
- Proven ability to lead large, cross-service and cross-border sustainability and climate project teams
- Strong network in climate change and sustainability in Denmark, an international network is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships in the KPMG international network, and in the industry
- Ability to identify and pursue commercial opportunities, convert dialogues and relationships into sales
- Master's degree or higher in business, sustainability, climate change and/or environmental subject area with strong results
- Strong grasp of tools such as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Advanced Excel modelling, Tableau, sustainability reporting software capabilities are a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Danish is required
- Flexibility to travel within Denmark and abroad is required
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. For more information please contact Frances Iris Lu, Head of CSR & Sustainability Services at + 45 52 15 03 99 or email@example.com