Climate Change Senior Consultant for KPMG's Sustainability Services Team
Are you looking for a challenging and exciting role in sustainability and climate change in an international environment? The opportunity to develop your professional and personal competences, and have an impact? Are you motivated by working with innovative colleagues in a fast-paced environment that challenges the conventional way of consulting? If so, you might be our next team member.
KPMG Denmark’s Sustainability Services team helps our clients build long-term value in a rapidly changing world. Working with professionals from KPMG’s international network, we are a trusted partner to our clients, and offer a range of services, focusing on sustainability strategy, reporting and assurance, sustainable finance, the Sustainable Development Goals, impact valuation, and climate change.
We have a start-up culture, where you will be empowered and given responsibility on exciting projects and be a part of the sales process. Your growth will be fuelled by both working in close collaboration with other teams and service lines across KPMG Denmark, as well as with the global KPMG network.
As part of a strong growth trajectory for Sustainability Services at KPMG in Denmark, we are currently looking for an experienced climate expert to join our team. You are an experienced and ambitious climate professional that is motivated by new challenges and steep learning curves, who can leverage existing experience with climate change strategy, risk, and adaptation.
As a Senior Consultant on the CSR & Sustainability Services team at KPMG in Denmark, you will manage and be a key expert on climate and sustainability projects for a cross-sector portfolio of international clients. You will be part of a collaborative team in a dynamic environment, advising clients on complex and emerging sustainability challenges.
You will be a part of KPMG's global climate change team, together with other member firms around the world. You will be engaged in sales, internal and external engagement, thought leadership, innovation, and new product and service development, and work with the global KPMG sustainability network of over 600 sustainability experts in over 50 countries.
You understand sustainability and climate change as they apply to our clients, from large corporates across various industries to financial sector clients. You bring a passion for excellence, and are driven to integrate sustainability as a long-term value driver in organizations.
As a Senior Consultant on the CSR & Sustainability Services team, we expect you to bring:
• A minimum of 3 years' experience in sustainability/management consulting and/or corporate sustainability
• Experience working on climate change and sustainability projects, such as CO2 baselining, climate strategy, risk, resilience, and adaptation, across a range of industries
Technical knowledge and expertise on climate change and sustainability
• Expert knowledge on climate-related measurement and reporting frameworks, including the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol, The Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Science Based Targets, the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), etc.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, ability to synthesize environmental and climate information
• Knowledge on renewable energy and carbon offsets
• Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks and initiatives (GRI, Integrated Reporting, etc.) is a plus
• You are up-to-date on current and upcoming climate and sustainability regulation and initiatives, and familiar with activities amongst key academic, government, and NGO stakeholders
Project management competencies and leadership potential
• Proven ability to independently manage sustainability and climate projects and workstreams
• Demonstrated leadership potential
• Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
• Ability to establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships in the KPMG international network, and in the industry
• Master's degree or higher in business, sustainability, climate change and/or environmental subject area with strong results
• Strong grasp of tools such as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Excel modelling, Tableau, sustainability reporting software capabilities are a plus
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Danish is required
• Flexibility to travel within Denmark and abroad is required
The deadline for application is the 29th of August, 2019. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
For more information please contact Frances Iris Lu, Head of CSR & Sustainability Services at + 45 52 15 03 99 or email@example.com.