Climate Change & Sustainability Management Intern
BSR is seeking to engage a talented intern for the Copenhagen office for Fall 2021 – to support BSR’s Climate Change & Sustainability Management practice.
BSR is a nonprofit organization of sustainable business experts that works with its global network of the world's leading companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR's 29 years of leadership in sustainability. We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
About the Climate Change Team
The Climate Change (CC) area of expertise brings a cross-disciplinary expertise spanning science, economics, regulation, and private sector best practices. The CC's trajectory is based on the 2015 Paris Agreement vision. The area of expertise works with companies by developing emissions reduction through targets and strategies, integrate risk management and TCDF recommendations into the business by assessing climate risks and conducting climate scenario analysis. Finally, CC's cross-sector collaborative initiatives facilitate systemic work and solutions to get to net zero value chains. Over the past several years BSR has built up a portfolio of programs aimed at transforming global transport and green freight. These include Clean Cargo, the Sustainable Air Freight Alliance, and the Sustainable Freight Buyers Alliance.
About the Sustainability Management Team
The Sustainability Management area of expertise's aim is to transform companies by developing sustainability strategies and improve more efficient and impactful reporting: as well as advise companies on sustainability through a new ethical and transparency approach. The focus is on material sustainability issues with a wide range of stakeholders involved. The work of the sustainability management focus area is to establish a competitively resilient position for the companies in their industry.
BSR is seeking to engage a talented intern for the Copenhagen office for Fall 2021 – to support BSR's Climate Change and Sustainability Management practice.
Internship candidates should have a strong interest in working with companies to integrate sustainability into business strategies and further BSR's mission to create a just and sustainable world. As part of the Nordic team, you will work closely with BSR staff to address current business challenges and develop solutions to some of today's most important global sustainability issues. Internship candidates should be enrolled in a postgraduate program and must be eligible to receive credits/points from the internship. The internship is full time for a period of 6 months starting in August 2021.
- Research and analysis: Support BSR's Climate and Sustainability Management teams' content development and research, including support for the green freight collaboration Conduct research on a broad European spectrum of environmental and sustainability reporting, investor expectations, and policy issues. Perform rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis of data and information, investigate the evolution of leadership/good practice reporting.
- Advisory services: Collaborate with BSR staff on projects with clients across several industries and topical areas. Assist BSR staff review member companies' sustainability reports against BSR's ten principles of good reporting and conducting original research and analysis.
- Writing and communications: Activities include preparation and/or edition of written reports and briefs targeted at a business audience; develop and deliver written and oral presentations. Summarize reporting events and papers.
- Strategy: Help BSR advance business and research opportunities through analysis of trends and market conditions. Liaise with senior-level management on issues, trends, and market conditions.
The incumbent should meet the given criteria for the Internship at BSR in Denmark. The full-time position starts in August 2021 for the duration of six months.
Required qualifications for this position are:
- Experience: Strong interest and experience in climate change, sustainability management.
- Education: Bachelor's degree, strong academic and professional record, and current enrollment in relevant postgraduate programs (environment, sustainability, sustainable development, climate change).
- Skills: The candidate should have exceptional research, presentation, organization, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Technical expertise: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Languages: Fluency in English required; fluency in one Scandinavian language (Danish, Swedish or Norwegian) is a plus.
- Cover facilitates
- Candidates should include in their cover facilitates for which internship position they are applying for: 'Internship BSR/Climate Change and Sustainability'
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR's overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
That BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical conditioning, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.
This job was originally published here: Job Application for Climate Change & Sustainability Management Intern at BSR (greenhouse.io)
BSR career page: Sustainability Careers | BSR