Coordinator, Collaborative Initiatives
We are looking for a Collaborative Initiatives Portfolio (CIs) Coordinator to join BSR's global engagement team to manage and develop BSR’s compelling CI portfolio.
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR's more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
The Collaborative Initiatives Portfolio (CIs) Coordinator, operates as an integral part of the global BSR Engagement team with a specific focus on BSRs Collaborative Initiatives. This is an exciting time to join a growing internal team that is responsible for managing and developing BSR's compelling CI portfolio—providing dedicated support for the management of the portfolio as well as administrative, operational and event planning and logistics support to key BSR CI staff and CIs across the portfolio. The Coordinator will allocate 70% of their time to billable work and 30% of their time to team support.
The Coordinator reports to BSR's Collaborative Initiatives Director. The Coordinator will engage with staff worldwide to administer CI membership, organizational support and events management, and serve as an administrator point of contact for the portfolio.
Dedicated support for CI teams
- Support CI project teams in the logistics and planning of virtual and in-person member meetings throughout the year, including scheduling, finding appropriate venues, hotels and restaurants - working with members, vendors and contractors as required.
- Conduct basic research and analysis including results on CI member engagement, recruitment, and other performance indicators for internal review.
- Provide ongoing administrative and membership support to the CI project managers including through direct communications with members, administration and tracking of the prospective member pipeline, updating of contacts in Salesforce, and other operating software.
- Support the CI project teams in the preparation, execution and follow-up on in-person member meetings throughout the year - including: pre-meeting communications with members including pre-read materials, preparation of meeting agendas and meeting presentations, in-meeting note taking when required and follow-up actions as relevant.
Collaborations Team Support
- Drive the contracting process for companies to join BSR CIs, including management of DocuSign and follow up with individual company enquiries, as the main point of membership contact.
- Support CI portfolio performance reviews against budget and expected outcomes and impacts - compile effective analysis for review by senior management.
- Support management and engagement with staff working on CIs, including through the development of best practice sharing materials and coordination of quarterly meetings, including proposing agendas for learning and development discussions.
- Coordinate with the BSR Communications team to regularly review and suggest updates for BSR website content on CIs as needed (homepage, events, articles, reports, etc.).
- Create and update CI one-pagers and other materials for internal and external CI team use.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Media, Journalism, or a Related Field.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in administration, operations and events planning experience with a company, nonprofit, or global organization.
- Knowledge related to business processes such as staffing, contracts management, performance management, change management, or related experience.
- Experience collecting and interpreting performance data and making recommendations based on findings.
- Experience administering multi-company or multi-stakeholder initiatives a plus.
- Experience working with Salesforce a plus.
- Experience supporting the design, development and delivery of internal training programs a plus.
- Facilitation and people skills, including a demonstrated ability to work with other team members to achieve an objective.
- Knowledge of and experience working on issues related to sustainability/corporate social responsibility preferred.
- Exceptional research, writing, and analytical skills. Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to retail, and ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- High degree of fluency in English, with fluency in a second language a plus.
- Self-motivated with a capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to undertake up to 25% business travel.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR’s overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
At BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.
Access the job posting here: Job Application for Coordinator, Collaborative Initiatives at BSR (greenhouse.io)
Access all career opportunities at BSR here: Sustainability Careers | BSR