Director, Group Sustainability, VELUX Group External Relations & Sustainability
At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities – if you have the ability and the drive to take them.
Are you motivated by making sustainability an integrated part of the business? Are you looking for an opportunity to drive an ambitious sustainability strategy in purpose-led, international organisation?
At VELUX, we have recently launched our Sustainability Strategy 2030 called ‘It’s our nature’. With this new strategy, we seek to pioneer climate and nature action, innovate sustainable products, and to secure a responsible business. Our overarching commitment is to become Lifetime Carbon Neutral by 2041 which is our 100 years anniversary. We do this by taking responsibility for both our past and future carbon emissions in line with science working both with our own operations and our entire value chain. To capture our historical carbon footprint, we have entered a 20-year long partnership with WWF on forest restoration.
Read more about our Lifetime Carbon Neutral commitment and our Sustainability Strategy 2030 (https://www.velux.com/what-we-do/sustainability/sustainability-strategy).
Joining our External Relations & Sustainability department, you will be based at the VELUX Head Office in Hørsholm and be part of a diverse and dedicated team responsible for ensuring governance and coordination of our newly launched Sustainability Strategy 2030. Managing this journey, the Group Sustainability Director will play a key role in ensuring successful internal implementation of the Strategy as well as driving external advocacy and partnerships.
You will lead and motivate a team of four highly capable sustainability professionals and one intern. Together, you will integrate our sustainability agenda into the way we think and operate globally in VELUX based on our strong company values. Simultaneously you will work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to strengthen our sustainability position and efforts. You will report to the Vice President of Global External Relations & Sustainability, which in addition to Group Sustainability drives the Public Affairs and External Communication agenda for the VELUX Group.
Your primary tasks will be to:
- Drive the implementation of our sustainability strategy, provide oversight of our 2030 targets and secure governance and reporting.
- Ensure a smooth annual sustainability reporting process in close collaboration with the corporate accounting and tax function, who is responsible for ESG reporting.
- Ensure a strong WWF-VELUX partnership in order to capture VELUX historical carbon emissions and showcase our partnership.
- Deliver Sustainability expertise to Executive Management, as well as to various functional areas such as External Communications, Sales & Marketing, etc.
- Play a hands-on role in managing and implementing the sustainability tracks, engaging strongly with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure data driven analysis and insights to track, evolve, document and report on our Sustainability Strategy.
- Represent VELUX in relevant Sustainability networks.
We will come to know you as an inspirational, hands-on leader with a passion and drive to make a difference. You enjoy exploring new possibilities, working with a variety of stakeholders, and are comfortable working within a matrix organisation. You are able to motivate and drive a team, and take an active role in teamwork in order to ensure a positive team spirit and outstanding results. You bring excellent stakeholder management skills, enabling you to engage with internal and external stakeholders across levels and understand their needs and challenges. You have excellent interpersonal skills and are inherently collaborative by nature.
Moreover, we expect that you have:
- A master’s degree in social sciences, environmental engineering or similar.
- Strong experience with sustainability transformation in a commercial and international setting – preferably from a global organisation.
- Solid foundation of knowledge within sustainability, CO2 reductions, ESG, reporting etc. in a commercial context.
- Strong hands-on leadership experience.
- Prior experience advising senior management.
- Experience in communicating sustainability initiatives across functions and geographies.
- Excellent internal/external stakeholder management skills.
You will work alongside experienced and passionate colleagues – in a setting where knowledge is shared, and responsibility is given to those who can and will. Our team is characterised by an informal tone and respect for each other both as team players and as individuals.
We are a value-based company where commitment, thoroughness and mutual respect are among the core values and teamwork and professionalism is essential to the way we work. We will provide you with the opportunities, inspiration, and state-of-the-art tools to create a brighter, common future.
Application and contact
Human Capital Group is assisting VELUX with the recruitment process on this job. Please contact Partner Henrik Greisen at +45 5127 0107 if you want a confidential discussion of your background and match with the job. Alternatively, send your CV/resume and a brief cover note to: firstname.lastname@example.org. An extended description of the role is also available.
All CV’s/resumes submitted may be shared with VELUX, unless you require confidentiality in the cover note.
For almost 80 years, The VELUX Group has created better living environments for people around the world; making the most of daylight and fresh air through the roof. Our product programme includes roof windows and modular skylights, decorative blinds, sun screening products and roller shutters, as well as installation and smart home solutions. These products help to ensure a healthy and sustainable indoor climate, for work and learning, for play and pleasure. We work globally – with sales and manufacturing operations in more than 40 countries and around 11,500 employees worldwide. The VELUX Group is owned by VKR Holding A/S, a limited company wholly owned by non-profit, charitable foundations (THE VELUX FOUNDATIONS) and family. In 2019, VKR Holding had total revenue of EUR 2.9 billion and THE VELUX FOUNDATIONS donated EUR 178 million in charitable grants.