Do you want to drive the human rights agenda in a global fashion company?
At BESTSELLER, we are committed to accelerate our journey towards a more sustainable future, bringing fashion forward until we are climate positive, fair for all and circular by design. Join us to take the lead in framing the human rights strategy.
You will join BESTSELLER’s Sustainability team who are committed to inspiring, engaging and leading our business and industry to become more sustainable. We are an international team of skilled and driven colleagues, each focusing on a specific area that will support our ambitious sustainability strategy, Fashion FWD. Alongside our internal work, we participate in major international forums and initiatives and collaborate with external peers to influence the future of our industry. Consequently, we provide a dynamic work environment with every opportunity to shape the sustainability agenda and initiate and execute significant change with global impact.
As our new Senior Human Rights Specialist, you will assume a key role in accelerating sustainability both within and outside BESTSELLER. You will take the strategic lead on human rights across our value chain and be on top of our policies and international obligations, including various legislative frameworks, OECD’s guidelines and the UN Guiding Principles.
More specifically, your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Conducting human rights risk assessment throughout our entire value chain on an ongoing basis
- Liaise across the organisation to support the implementation of human rights due diligence procedures & initiatives
- Day-to-day coordination of projects and supporting our communication strategy within the area of human rights
- Staying updated on the external developments within the human rights agenda externally to inform BESTSELLER’s work on human rights
- Contributing to the annual reporting obligations including formulating the annual Modern Slavery statement, various policies and position papers
- Representing BESTSELLER in selected stakeholder forums
- Attending relevant industry events and meetings
- Maintaining positive, proactive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
You can expect 30-50 annual travel days.
- Master’s degree in business management, project management or related field
- 3+ years of experience in the area of human rights
- Experience driving goal-oriented transformation processes
- Experience working in a large, international organisation will be beneficial
- Experience in managing multiple projects and coordinating with internal colleagues and external partners and other stakeholders
- Strong communicator with excellent writing skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Our desired candidate
You are a strong advocate for sustainability and communicate with great impact. You work with a strong sense of focus and recognize that time for immersion is essential to your role. As you will be collaborating with colleagues across BESTSELLER and with partners in the industry, it is key that you can establish and develop relations at all levels. It is inherent in you to be proactive, and consequently, you always aim for innovative solutions that will enable us to maintain our competitive edge. You are structured and can manage several tasks at the same time, while adhering to your deadlines. Furthermore, you work well independently and always follow through with your projects – from strategy to implementation.
We look forward to hearing from you
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Sisse Norman Lønvig on +45 52 15 42 26. Otherwise, send us your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 1st October 2020. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to take down the ad, when we find the right candidate.
Location: Aarhus, Denmark.
About BESTSELLER A/S
More than 15,000 people work at BESTSELLER worldwide.
BESTSELLER is a family-owned clothing and accessories company founded in Denmark in 1975, providing fast affordable fashion for women, men, teenagers and children under brands such as JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT and Y.A.S. Products are available online, in branded chain stores, in multibrand and department stores. For more information, visit www.about.bestseller.com.