Do you want to support us in tracking our ambitious sustainability strategy?
Are you looking for the opportunity to drive data change management processes, build greater transparency and support fact-based decision-making? Then you may be just the one we are looking for to support us in tracking our ambitious sustainability strate
We are looking for a skilled Senior Data Specialist to assist in collecting, structuring and analysing often complex information on our value chain. To succeed, it is key that you understand our strategic goals and know how to present conclusions and assumptions in a compelling and accurate way.
You will join BESTSELLER’s Sustainability Team. We are committed to inspiring, engaging and leading our business and industry to become more climate positive and sustainable. We are an international team of skilled and driven colleagues, each focusing on a specific area that will support our ambitious sustainability strategy, Fashion FWD. Alongside our internal work, we participate in major international forums and initiatives and collaborate with external peers to influence the future of our industry. Consequently, we provide a dynamic work environment with every opportunity to shape the sustainability agenda and initiate and execute significant change with global impact.
As Senior Data Specialist, you will be responsible for developing an even more data-driven approach to sustainability. You will be building, developing, and maintaining both qualitative and quantitative data systems that are aligned with our Fashion FWD strategy and the needs of our organisation.
More specifically, your tasks and responsibilities include:
- building new sustainability data reporting systems and continuously developing existing data standards, processes and metrics to build stronger transparency and support strategic decision-making
- collecting, structuring, and verifying often complex information from multiple sources, including data on materials, GHG emissions, water, biodiversity, energy, packaging and other waste sources, transportation, and other impact areas relevant to our strategy
- analysing and combining data and ensuring the quality and integrity of data throughout our value chain
- assessing sustainability impacts and creating business cases to support fact-based decision making
- building and supporting a data-based tracking of our Fashion FWD strategy
- delivering data for sustainability reporting and internal reports for management and other internal stakeholders
- assisting the Sustainability department in engaging in dialogues on data with our suppliers, partner organisations and our colleagues in Sourcing, Business Development, IT, Logistics, Master Data, Facility Management, and Finance
- presenting conclusions and assumptions in a compelling and accurate way, including setting up data input for SharePoint solutions, creating Power BI dashboards, making shorter analytical notes and slides for PowerPoint presentations, and providing data for our reporting.
We are looking for a new colleague, who meets the following:
- Master of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Business Engineering, Environmental Science or similar
- 3+ years of experience working with data analysis, preferably within sustainability
- Advanced user of Excel
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
It will be considered an advantage, if you have experience working with:
- sustainability-related data in a large, international organisation
- business development
- Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint and have a basic understanding of SAP and Navision
- life cycle assessments or carbon footprint analyses
- the fashion and textile industry.
Our desired candidate
Working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, it is key that you are proactive, structured and know how to prioritise your work, as you will be managing several tasks simultaneously. You are result oriented and service-minded, focused on providing strong data that will support our managers in their work to transform our business towards a more sustainable future. Owing to your excellent communication skills, you furthermore understand how to convey complex information in a way that makes it comprehensible and compelling to other people.
Location: Ideally, you work out of our office in Aarhus, since this is our primary base. It may, however, also be possible for you to work from our Copenhagen office.
Travels: You can expect travels to account for up to 15 percent of your working hours, which includes regular travels between our Danish offices (Aarhus, Brande and Copenhagen).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions for this position, please contact Henrik Sand +45 30 85 26 92. Otherwise, please send us your motivated application and CV as soon as possible and no later than the 6th October 2020. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to remove the job ad before the application deadline if we find the right candidate.
About BESTSELLER A/S
More than 15,000 people work at BESTSELLER worldwide.
BESTSELLER is a family-owned clothing and accessories company founded in Denmark in 1975, providing fast affordable fashion for women, men, teenagers and children under brands such as JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT and Y.A.S. Products are available online, in branded chain stores, in multi-brand and department stores. For more information, visit www.about.bestseller.com.