ESG & Sustainable Finance Manager for KPMG's Sustainability Services Team
Are you looking for a challenging and exciting role in sustainability in an international environment? The opportunity to develop your leadership competences, and have an impact? Are you motivated by working with innovative colleagues in a fast-paced environment that challenges the conventional way of consulting? If so, you might be our next team member.
KPMG Denmark’s Sustainability Services team helps our clients build long-term value in a rapidly changing world. We are a trusted partner to our clients, and offer a range of services, focusing on sustainability strategy, reporting and assurance, climate change, the Sustainable Development Goals, impact valuation, ESG & sustainable finance.
We have a start-up culture, where you will be empowered and given responsibility to lead exciting projects, coach talented people, and drive sales and business development. Your growth will be fuelled by both working in close collaboration with other teams and service lines across KPMG Denmark, as well as with the global KPMG network.
As part of a strong growth trajectory for Sustainability Services at KPMG in Denmark, we are currently looking for an experienced ESG & Sustainable Finance Manager to join our team. You are an experienced and ambitious ESG or financial-sector professional that is motivated by new leadership challenges and steep learning curves, who can leverage existing experience with ESG and sustainable finance.
As a senior member of the team, you will work closely with the Head of CSR & Sustainability Services, to grow the practice, execute and further develop the team's strategy. You will be responsible for the further development and growth of the ESG & sustainable finance strategy and portfolio. You will identify new business opportunities, convert these into client engagements, and lead delivery on our portfolio of sustainability projects.
You will play a key role in the continued growth of the team, the professional development and growth of other team members, and shaping a collaborative team in a dynamic environment.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of KPMG's global sustainable finance working group, together with other member firms around the world. You will be involved with internal and external engagement, thought leadership, and innovation, spearhead new product and service development, and work with the global KPMG sustainability network of over 600 sustainability experts in over 50 countries.
You understand ESG & sustainable finance as they apply to our clients, large corporates across various industries, with a strong focus on the financial sector. You bring a passion for excellence, developing talent, and are driven to integrate ESG and impact into financial decision-making.
As an ESG and Sustainable Finance Manager on the CSR & Sustainability Services team, we expect you to bring:
· Experience leading ESG and sustainable finance projects, including ESG and impact strategy, policy, and process development, due diligence, and assurance. Experience with green / climate bonds is a plus
· Demonstrated leadership potential in previous roles. Mentorship or people responsibility is a plus
Technical expertise and skills in the area of ESG & sustainable finance
· Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with ESG and sustainable finance initiatives and frameworks, such as the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Climate Bonds Initiative, etc.
· Knowledge of ESG ratings such as Sustainalytics, MSCI, ISS, etc.
· Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks and initiatives (GRI, Integrated Reporting, etc.), as they apply to ESG and sustainable finance
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, experience with ESG/non-financial data and reporting
· You are up-to-date on current and upcoming EU and Danish ESG and sustainable finance regulation, ESG initiatives by stock exchanges, and engaged with academic, government, and NGO stakeholders
Demonstrated leadership and sales competencies
· Demonstrated leadership potential and ability coach other team members
· Proven ability to lead substantial ESG and sustainable finance project teams
· Strong network in ESG and sustainable finance in Denmark, an international network is a plus
· Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
· Ability to establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships in the KPMG international network, and in the industry
· Ability to identify and pursue commercial opportunities, convert dialogues and relationships into sales decision-making
· Master's degree or higher in business, finance, sustainability with strong results
· Strong grasp of tools such as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Advanced Excel modelling, Tableau, sustainability reporting software capabilities are a plus
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Danish is required
· Flexibility to travel within Denmark and abroad is required
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. For more information please contact Frances Iris Lu, Head of CSR & Sustainability Services at + 45 52 15 03 99 or email@example.com