ESG & Sustainable Finance Senior Consultant for KPMG's Sustainability Services
We have a start-up culture, where you will be empowered and given responsibility on exciting projects and be a part of the sales process. Your growth will be fuelled by both working in close collaboration with other teams and service lines across KPMG Denmark, as well as with the global KPMG network.
As part of a strong growth trajectory for Sustainability Services at KPMG in Denmark, we are currently looking for an experienced Sustainable Finance & ESG Sr. Consultant to join our team. You are an experienced and ambitious ESG or financial sector professional that is motivated by new challenges and steep learning curves, who can leverage existing experience with ESG and sustainable finance.
As a Senior Consultant on the Sustainability Services team at KPMG in Denmark, you will have a key role in further developing the sustainable finance & ESG portfolio, spearheading new product development in the area of ESG, as well work on broader sustainability projects for cross-sector, international clients. You will be part of a collaborative team in a dynamic environment, advising clients on complex and emerging sustainability challenges.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of KPMG's global sustainable finance working group, together with other member firms around the world. You will be engaged in sales, internal and external engagement, thought leadership, innovation, and new product and service development, and work with the global KPMG sustainability network of over 600 sustainability experts in over 50 countries.
You bring a passion for excellence and are driven to integrate ESG and impact into financial decision-making.
As a Senior Consultant on the CSR & Sustainability Services team, we expect you to bring:
• A minimum of 3 years' experience in the financial sector (asset management, pension funds, banking, private equity, etc.), management consulting, and/or ESG, investor relations, corporate sustainability
• Experience with ESG and sustainable finance projects, including ESG and impact strategy, policy, and process development, due diligence, and assurance.
• Experience with green / climate bonds is a plus
Technical expertise and skills in the area of ESG & sustainable finance
• Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with ESG and sustainable finance initiatives and frameworks, such as the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Climate Bonds Initiative, etc.
• Knowledge of ESG ratings such as Sustainalytics, MSCI, ISS, etc.
• Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks and initiatives (GRI, Integrated Reporting, etc.), as they apply to ESG and sustainable finance
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, experience with ESG/non-financial data and reporting
• You are up-to-date on current and upcoming EU and Danish ESG and sustainable finance regulation, ESG initiatives by stock exchanges, and familiar with activities among academic, government, and NGO stakeholders
Project management competencies and leadership potential
• Proven ability to independently manage ESG and sustainable finance projects and workstreams
• Demonstrated leadership potential
• Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
• Ability to establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships in the KPMG international network, and in the industry
• Master's degree or higher in business, finance, sustainability with strong results
• Strong grasp of tools such as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Advanced Excel modelling, Tableau, sustainability reporting software capabilities are a plus
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Danish is required
• Flexibility to travel within Denmark and abroad is required
The deadline for application is the 29th of August, 2019. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
For more information please contact Frances Iris Lu, Head of CSR & Sustainability Services at + 45 52 15 03 99 or firstname.lastname@example.org.