Experienced Sustainability Advisor (maternity cover)
Would you like to help us move forward as a sustainable business and global leader in dermatology? LEO Pharma has initiated an ambitious journey to strengthen its approach to corporate sustainability and take our work to the next level.
The Global Sustainability team works with internal and external stakeholders to develop LEO Pharma to take our sustainability work to the next level. Our corporate sustainability strategy has two main focus areas: Enabling Health and Responsible Business.
Join us as sustainability advisor for Responsble Business where you will help drive LEO Pharma's performance and contribute to developing a sustainability function recognized as a business value driver across LEO Pharma globally. You will report to the Director of Global Sustainability and be based at our headquarters in Ballerup. The position is a one-year contract.
In this role, you will implement our sustainability in the Responsible Business focus area of the strategy. You will act as an advisor to internal stakeholders and oversee the implementation of programs that drive our corporate sustainability performance. The strategy covers various topics within the areas of people, planet, and ethics including; diversity and inclusion; health safety and wellbeing; climate change; water; waste; ethics; data privacy; supply chain due diligence.
Your additional key tasks will be to:
- lead our climate change Steering Committee and oversee contined progress towards climate targets
- facilitate our Human Rights working group of internal stakeholders and oversee the continued development of the human rights due diligence program and ensure alignment with upcoming legislation
- be responsible for the development and continued implementation of sustainability initatives to ensure continued alignment with our sustainability strategy, our corproate strategy and business needs, and stakeholder expectations
- support our Sustainability Board, Global Leadership Team, and internal stakeholders with presentation materials of results and next steps.
We expect you to bring 5+ years' experience with building and managing sustainability programmes in a complex organisation with many internal and external stakeholders. In addition, you should:
- bring experience with setting and implementing science-based climate targets
- have a good eye for identifying emerging sustainability themes and for positioning the company accordingly and you know how to identify and execute actions to address themes
- have deep knowledge of leading international sustainability frameworks including the UN Global Compact, the OECD Guidelines for Munltinational Corporations, UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- understand the importance of driving impact, including setting KPIs and tracking performance of sustainability initatives
- possess strong verbal and written communication skills in English and be able to prepare concise and easy to understand materials that meet business interests as well as external stakeholder interests
- have a capacity to influence and build support for your ideas and projects
- possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and be able to deliver on ambitious goals in a fast-paced environment
- be an engaging and curious person with strong internpersonal skills, and have experience working in an international, multi-cultural environment
- have a master's degree in social or business studies, or equivalent
Ideal start date would be November 1, 2021 and for a contract period of one year.
Global Communication, Public Affairs & Sustainability and your new department
Global Communication, Public Affairs & Sustainability is responsible for corporate branding, communication, public affairs, and corporate social responsibility. We are helping LEO Pharma achieve its mission of helping people achieve healthy skin by shaping its profile and engaging external stakeholders as well as employees.
The Global Sustainability team is a small dedicated team of specialists working across the business in driving LEO Pharma's sustainability work globally.
Contact & deadline
For further information, please contact France Bourgouin at +45 31 41 04 53. Deadline for submitting your application is September 24, 2021.
We look forward to receiving your application.