Human Rights Intern
Do you want to work with companies to integrate sustainability and human rights into business strategies? BSR is seeking to engage a talented intern for the Copenhagen office for Spring 2021 – to support BSR’s Human Rights practice.
BSR is seeking to engage a talented intern for the Copenhagen office for Spring 2020 – to support BSR’s Human Rights practice.
Internship candidates should have a strong interest in working with companies to integrate sustainability and human rights into business strategies and further BSR’s mission to create a just and sustainable world. As part of the Nordic and global team, you will have the opportunity to learn about human rights and how they are implemented into corporate programs, partake in projects and collaborative initiatives, as well as being part of a diverse and dynamic team of sustainability experts with exposure to BSR’s work on supply chain, women’s empowerment, and diversity across industries.
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 265 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s 25 years of leadership in sustainability. We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
- Research and analysis: Conduct primary and secondary research on human rights trends, regulation and corporate practices across markets and stakeholders; support the work of our collaborative initiatives on Human Rights and their convenings
- Advisory services: Additionally, collaborate with the BSR team to work with members and clients across several industries and topical areas. Activities may include assisting on human rights due diligence projects, country-level assessments, capability building on human rights
- Writing and Communications: Support preparation and editing of written reports and briefs targeted at a business audience and develop materials to be used in internal and external communications
- Strategy: Support BSR advance partnerships and research opportunities through analysis of trends and market conditions, and liaise with local and global teams on BSR member engagement
The incumbent should meet the given criteria for the Internships at BSR in Denmark. The position is full-time starting February 2021 or earlier.
- Strong interest and experience in human rights, gender or D&I, , inclusive economy, supply chain management, and/or sustainability management.
- Bachelor’s degree, strong academic and professional record, and current enrollment in relevant postgraduate programs (law, sustainability, sustainable development, communications).
- Skills: The candidate should have exceptional research, presentation, organization, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Technical expertise: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Languages: Fluent in English; fluency in one Scandinavian language (Danish, Swedish or Norwegian) is a plus.
- Cover letter
- Additionally, candidates should include in their cover letter for which internship position they are applying for: ‘Internship BSR/Human Rights’
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR’s overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
At BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.