Humanitarian organization, The Water Air Food Awards (WAFA), is looking for a Volunteer Mass Communication Specialist
The Water Air Food Awards is looking for a Volunteer Mass Communications Specialist with additional experience in video editing. Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur journalist who has interest in joining our team.
Your objective as a Mass Communication Specialist will be to use the amateur video footage of our winners or finalists and develop short videos and promotional materials that can be used for WAFA’s crowdfunding campaign, social media, newsletter, website and other marketing activities. Working with our Information Manager and Marketing Manager, you would also create press releases and articles for publication.
The tasks to be performed:
- Research and analyse background information related to stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Use the available material to write small news articles for social media and the WAFA website, working closely with other communication staff and the Web Manager.
- Develop ideas or material for newspapers, magazines and TV.
- Develop and edit videos to be used for crowdfunding campaigns.
- Conduct taped or filmed interviews or narratives.
- Work closely with other team members who interact with external stakeholders: press photographer, marketing manager and online manager in order to agree to the contents to be developed for publishing.
We will welcome you to the team if you have the following:
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Experience in writing regarding environmental and sustainability initiatives.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods such as social media. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Cooperation - Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Dependability - Being reliable, responsible and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Last, but not least, a shared commitment and passion for WAFA’s mission!
- English is our business language so you are proficient using it to communicate in writing and in speaking.
- Most work is done from home, so we’ll have regular Skype meetings (therefore, you own a computer with internet access and a phone)
- The hours you work may vary each week. We expect the volunteer to commit 8 - 12 hours a week. However, this timing is negotiable for experienced candidates.
About WAFA Water Air Food Awards
WAFA is a non-profit organization with global reach founded in 2008 and headquartered in Denmark. Its vision is water and food for all, and the mission is to expose exceptional pioneers who have innovative low-tech high impact proven solutions in clean water, clean air, and nutritious food. WAFA offers partnership opportunities for companies, knowledge institutions, impact investors, and social entrepreneurs with an active Corporate Social Responsibility portfolio to support these award-winning initiatives. WAFA presents recognition awards to the most effective, innovative and sustainable initiatives, selected by an expert panel of judges. WAFA offers an opportunity for its volunteers to bring forward their talent, strength and passion while making a difference. It is fun and challenging to work with us, and it offers many opportunities for learning and growing, both professionally and personally.
How to Apply:
If you find yourself interested and think that water, air and food are essential for humankind, please write a short description about yourself and send your CV to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org . Need further information, please see our website www.wafaward.org.