Lead Advisor, Food Loss & Environment
If you are passionate about sustainability, if your hallmark is deep topical knowledge, building trust, political flair as well as an ability to develop and execute on field projects, this position might be just right. We are looking for a talented individual to help shape and manage partnerships as well as providing strategic advice on the food loss and environmental agendas.
Maersk Group is a global company with great strength and vast outreach. We have the ability – and the responsibility – to do things right and to contribute to a more sustainable future. We aspire to unlock growth – for society and Maersk. We will achieve this through the core strengths of our businesses and by being a responsible business partner.
This position offers an opportunity for impact, exposure, and professional development, as you will be shaping Maersk’s approach to the food loss and environmental agendas in close collaboration with core business functions in Maersk. You will bridge several industries and engage with a broad range of external and internal stakeholders and have the opportunity to engage high level experts from NGOs, academia and other global companies.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
• Help set and shape the overall strategic direction of Maersk’s business approach to the food loss and environment (especially oceans, biodiversity and e-waste) agendas
• Proactively identify key emerging issues and trends with relevance for our business.
• Translate these trends so that they can be understood in terms of either risks to the company, responsibilities or opportunities for shared value creation and shape the company’s main priorities and direction in this space.
• Initiate and execute on specific food-loss field pilots built for scaling and replication by the organization.
• Engage with external stakeholders to understand societal expectations and be part of shaping the debate providing strategic and political reading of the scene
• Develop and manage strategic multistakeholder partnerships including execution of pilot projects with internal and external actors.
• Ensure a global hub for internal collaboration including identification of metrics and measurement to help guide our priorities and evaluate implementation.
Some travel will be expected.
We are looking for
You are a strong professional with minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, you maintain a solid international network and business relevant understanding of food loss and environment agendas. You have proven experience with the following:
• Deep knowledge and working experience related to preferably all of the key topical areas of biodiversity, waste and circular economy as well as food loss.
• Educational background within e.g. biology or ecology is an advantage but not a must.
• Working in the cross-field between the public and private sector.
• Engaging in societal conversations and debates with both civil society and UN.
• Project management skills being able to design and execute on action plans.
• Communication and agenda setting, being able to engage with transport and logistics actors on the ground with ease.
Furthermore, you are analytical in your approach, a self-starter with a high energy and are able to find new ways to move forward even when the road seems blocked, being persistent and having an innovative and international mind-set.
You have a developed skill set in issue management, you can navigate a complex stakeholder map well and have a political flair. You are able to think on your feet and make judgment calls, innovate and challenge in a firm yet diplomatic way
You are fluent in written and spoken English.