Manager, Sustainability Management & Reporting
BSR is looking for a talented and passionate Sustainability Management & Reporting Manager for BSR's Sustainability Management team in Copenhagen or Paris.
BSR™ is a team of sustainable business experts that works with its global network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From our offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR™ provides insight, advice, and collaborative initiatives to help you see a changing world more clearly, create long-term business value, and scale impact. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR's 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
The Manager will sit within the Sustainability Management team and be based out of BSR's European offices, but work across the organization's industry and practice teams on a range of consulting projects and collaborative initiatives. The successful candidate will ensure exceptional project execution and high-quality engagement with BSR member companies and other partners, particularly in relation to materiality, strategy and consulting on relevant sustainability reporting frameworks.
- Project Management and Implementation: Assume responsibility for implementing consulting projects with a focus on corporate sustainability reporting, strategy and materiality. This includes overseeing project scope, timeline, deliverable quality and budget; managing clients and project teams; providing subject matter expertise on the latest EU and global sustainability reporting trends and frameworks; conducting primary research, leading stakeholder relations on reporting frameworks with relevant external organizations, interviews; utilizing tools; and presenting at and facilitating client meetings.
- Collaboration and Thought Leadership: Support BSR's Future of Reporting collaborative initiative and contribute to thought leadership on the subject by developing communications insights (e.g. blogs) and presentations related to ESG disclosure trends and best practices. While BSR does not authorize sustainability reports, the Manager would leverage their thought leadership alongside insights gained from BSR collaborations to help member companies identify and achieve best practice in reporting, thereby enabling them to improve performance on material ESG issues.
- Member and Client Management: Maintain day-to-day client relationships; oversee member relationships; and support member recruitment and business development, focused primarily but not exclusively on reporting and/or the EMEA region.
- Team management: Lead project teams to effectively execute project objectives, outcomes, and impacts; establish the standards by which the project will be guided, including managing senior team members; and support team members' learning and skills development.
- Master's degree and/or 7 years of relevant professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm, NGO, ESG rating agency, or similar role in a global company or equivalent education and experience. Direct experience in sustainability reporting as a report preparer or auditor is an asset.
- Deep familiarity and demonstrated expertise in sustainability reporting standards, frameworks and regulation (e.g. GRI, SASB, IIRC, TCFD, the SDGs, the EU Sustainability legislation) is essential. Knowledge of emerging regulations (e.g. EU Taxonomy, SFDR, CSRD) and financial reporting standards would be an asset.
- An interest in the future of the sustainability reporting landscape, including but not limited to integrated thinking and reporting, and the step-change needed for companies to track and report assurable ESG data.
- Proven track record of success in working with business in a client/customer-facing position. Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with members and other companies.
- Experience managing multiple, disparate projects simultaneously.
- High degree of fluency in English, with fluency in a second language a plus.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to undertake up to 25% business travel post COVID.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any victim of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR's overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
That BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical conditioning, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.