Manager, Transportation and Logistics
We're looking for a skilled and passionate Transportation and Logistics Manager to join BSR's team in New York or San Francisco and support the transformation of global transport and green freight.
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 265 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people working on sustainability in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
BSR is also a founding partner of the We Mean Business coalition, a group of business-facing organizations that collectively works with thousands of businesses and investors to accelerate the transition to a net zero economy.
Over the past several years BSR has built up a portfolio of programs aimed at transforming global transport and green freight. These include Clean Cargo, the Sustainable Air Freight Alliance, and the Sustainable Freight Buyers Alliance. As we begin the decisive decade BSR is working with our members to scale our impact.
The Manager, Transportation and Logistics, will support the development of a world-class Transportation and Logistics practice, including management of collaborative initiatives, work on grant-funded projects, and advisory work supporting member companies.
This position will report to the Director, Transport and Green Freight and collaborate with BSR’s Managing Director, Climate, and other industry and practice leads. The position is full-time, based in the United States (New York or San Francisco). The successful candidate will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Member Engagement: Support member relationships and recruitment related to the Transport & Logistics practice.
- Collaborative Initiatives: Manage the Clean Cargo and Sustainable Air Freight Alliance collaborative initiatives with team members, including building member relationships, implementing work plans, and convening member meetings. Support the development of a Sustainable Freight Buyers Alliance.
- Project Management and Implementation: Responsibility to implement consulting and grant-funded projects, which includes overseeing project scope, timeline, deliverable quality and budget; managing clients and project teams; providing subject matter expertise; conducting primary research, including leading stakeholder interviews; utilizing tools; and presenting at and facilitating client meetings.
- Consulting and Business Development: Assist with single company consulting proposals, manage consulting projects and maintain day-to-day client relationships.
- Master’s degree in business, sustainability, or CSR and 7 years of relevant professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm, NGO, or similar role in a company or equivalent education and experience.
- Significant experience working in the energy and/or transportation and logistics industries is required, including detailed knowledge of relevant industry sustainability issues and initiatives.
- Strong technical understanding of one or more modes within the end-to-end logistics and transport ecosystem, such as aviation, shipping, or trucking. Experience working in the global trade and transport industry is a plus.
- Experience working in business-to-business and stakeholder collaborations, such a corporate partnerships, joint initiatives, and/or member organizations.
- Significant experience working on climate change is required. This may include conducting climate risk analysis, setting climate-related goals, advancing climate resilience or carbon reduction efforts, working on scope 3 emissions, etc. In-depth understanding of major climate change frameworks, standards, regulations, collaborations, and corporate actions, is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in working with business in a client/customer-facing position.
- Experience managing multiple, disparate projects simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with members and other companies.
- High degree of fluency in English, with fluency in a second language a plus.
- Willingness to undertake up to 25% business travel.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR's overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
That BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical conditioning, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.
This job opening was originally published here: Job Application for Manager, Transportation and Logistics at BSR (greenhouse.io)