Nordic Sustainability Leader
Leading and achieving EY’s internal sustainability ambitions in the Nordics.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Are you up for the challenge to help us make our EY in the Nordics net zero by 2025? At EY we are building a better working world, and we believe that business has a role to play in helping tackle some of the world’s toughest challenges – including climate change. Our ambitions are high, and we want to embed sustainability in everything we do.
As Nordic Sustainability Leader you will take the lead of a cross-regional team that works internally to achieve and exceed our ambitions. The team focuses on various sustainability initiatives such as sustainable business strategies, ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) due diligence, non-financial reporting and much more. As leader of this team your role will be to drive various diverse projects and to collaborate with colleagues across multiple Service Lines, teams and core business functions both locally and globally. Together with the team you will challenge status quo to develop answers to complex questions.
Are you the agile, dynamic, proactive, and motivated sustainability leader that we are looking for?
The role will contain various leadership opportunities:
- People leadership: You will lead a Nordic Internal Sustainability team with currently a representative in each of the countries and will also be responsible for the development of the team members (coaching, mentoring and training). In addition, collaboration with other stakeholders internally and externally is of high importance.
- Business leadership: You will identify opportunities and lead the development of sustainability-related topics. Proven business development skills and a strong knowledge of sustainability (ESG) is crucial
- Projects leadership: You will be defining projects to deliver on our global ambition and will execute on these projects at the highest qualitative level. You will be collaborating with many parts of the EY organization to succeed – both locally, regionally and globally.
Your key responsibilities
As the Nordic Sustainability Leader you will:
- Work actively to fulfil our global sustainability agenda, and seek ways to execute and deliver it in all our Nordic markets
- Lead the Nordic Internal Sustainability team to drive the sustainability agenda forward
- Define and plan ESG targets per country working with key stakeholders in the Nordic Regional Leadership Team as well as with Country leaders
- Engage, collaborate and demonstrate change – boosting the sustainability focus across the organization
- Ensure top of the class sustainability reporting
- Drive sustainability initiatives
Skills and attributes for success
- Your passion is sustainability, and you know how to channel this energy to a broader audience
- You are already active in the sustainability market – preferably in more than one country
- You have extensive professional experience within the ESG area
- You are well versed on the subject of sustainability, including rules and regulations, global ESG standards etc.
- You are efficient and result-oriented with a strong work capacity and execution ability
- You have (team) leadership experience and have a proven track-record to be an inclusive leader
- You acknowledge the importance of the role of the business sector and its influence on the green restructuring, and you have a commercial mindset
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills – both in writing and orally
What we look for
We’re looking for an experienced, high energetic and result-oriented individual who embraces change and innovation in order to ensure that we realize our sustainability ambitions
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, regional team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine career opportunities with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Søg job’. Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.