BSR is seeking to engage an Operations Associate who supports BSR’s Engagement team by optimizing the platforms and processes used to administer our projects and membership engagements.
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s more than 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
The global Operations team supports BSR’s Engagement team by optimizing the platforms and processes used to administer our projects and membership engagements. In particular, this role will support the administrative and operational needs of our Collaborative Initiatives (CIs) portfolio.
Associates are responsible for delivering high-quality services and executing processes across BSR’s Shared Services functions. The Associate role supports their functional team for the benefit of internal clients and external partners and suppliers.
This role is part of BSR’s shared services team and is dedicated to supporting internal clients (your colleagues at BSR) rather than member-facing consulting work. Career trajectory is within the shared services and operations teams.
Support overall BSR Operations Strategy
- Support for internal operational improvement projects as defined by the annual BSR Operations Strategy. Illustrative initiatives include: performance metrics reporting, project pipeline management, dashboard design, process documentation.
- Support regular and ongoing internal operations administrative processes.
- Collaborate within the global Operations team to continuously improve process integration across BSR’s operational systems (e.g. Salesforce, SharePoint Online, Kimble).
- Inform design, beta-testing, implementation, and training with regard to operational systems, processes, and tools.
- Serve as an internal expert on operational practices, processes, and systems to reinforce best practices and adoption through targeted training in both informal and formal settings.
- Provide support to respective teams and Shared Services as a whole.
- Demonstrate an understanding of BSR’s mission, business model, and systems and operations. Support senior colleagues in the development of work plans, schedules, and budgets for the delivery of projects.
Working closely with the Collaborative Initiatives (CIs) Portfolio Director:
- Drive the contracting process for companies to join BSR CIs, including management of contracts, and follow up with individual company enquiries in relation to the contracting process.
- Track and report on CI member engagement, recruitment, and other performance indicators for internal review.
- Coordinate quarterly CI portfolio performance reviews against budget and expected outcomes and impacts for senior management.
- Conduct bi-annual feedback sessions with CI staff to enable insights into desired operational improvements; compile effective analysis based on feedback and propose solutions.
- Support management of and engagement with staff working on CIs, including via development of best practice sharing materials and coordination of quarterly meetings, including proposing agendas for learning and development discussions.
- Conduct annual Outcomes and Impacts analysis based on feedback from the CI teams, which contributes to BSR’s broader reporting on Outcomes and Impacts.
- Regular and ongoing engagement with the Collaborations team and CI leads on operational policies, issues and tools as part of the global Operations team.
May support the Operations team with an indirect relationship to the Government and Foundations (G&F) team, applying an effective understanding of and compliance with grant-funder contract terms, conditions, and policies.
- 3-5 years of experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Strong research, writing, and analytical skills in addition to communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong sense of teamwork and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced organization with a collaborative
environment operating in multiple time zones.
- Highly self-motivated with interest in learning and developing new skills as required by project needs.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel is required and knowledge of contact management software like Salesforce and cloud-based knowledge management systems like Sharepoint Online is a plus.
- Experience in financial reporting and analysis and nonprofit accounting considered an asset.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR’s overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
At BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.
Interested? Find more here: Job Application for Operations Associate at BSR (greenhouse.io) or on BSR's career site: Sustainability Careers | BSR