Policy & Trade Restrictions Responsible for BESTSELLER
Do you want to contribute to ensuring that BESTSELLER is ready and prepared when it comes to the rapidly evolving political agenda of the textile industry? Take on this proactive role with international scope for a chance to have real impact.
Do you want to contribute to ensuring that BESTSELLER is ready and prepared when it comes to the rapidly evolving political agenda of the textile industry? We have great ambitions for the sustainable development of BESTSELLER as well as the textile industry – so take on this proactive role with international scope for a chance to have real impact.
Legal requirements are introduced, both by the EU and nationally, with significant impact on our industry – particularly when it comes to sustainability.
To ensure that we keep up the pace and continue to contribute actively to this development, we are growing our Legal Sustainability department. This is your chance to take on a newly established position with plenty of opportunities to develop your own role.
You will be joining the Legal Sustainability department, who manages the legal aspects of BESTSELLER’s activities within sustainability, including political work, drawing up and negotiating contracts and rolling out projects across our value chain. The Legal Sustainability department is also responsible for promoting our business ethics and it drives a variety of activities to prevent, prepare and train colleagues worldwide to ensure that BESTSELLER’s values and principles are reflected throughout our business.
Although our team is modest in size today, we are part of a large community of colleagues who work with interrelated fields and collaborate on a daily basis to reach our shared goals. We are naturally closely in sync with BESTSELLER’s Sustainability department, but we also partner closely with colleagues in both the Legal and Sourcing departments as well as colleagues working for one of BESTSELLER’s many brands and functions.
Your primary responsibility will be within the policy work and political trade sanctions. You will be our eyes, ears and voice in the many forums that debate and develop the future political requirements for a more sustainable textile industry. You grow your insight and translate it into specific actions, ensuring that we are ahead of the game when it comes to the legal developments and requirements. At the same time, you use your knowledge from BESTSELLER and the industry to contribute actively to the development of relevant – and ambitious – requirements for the industry.
More specifically, your tasks include:
- Taking active part in forums that develop and debate politics and legal requirements for the textile industry
- Contributing to the translation of new legal requirements into specific actions in BESTSELLER
- Making sure that policy matters are on the agenda across functions in BESTSELLER
- Ensuring that we are prepared to handle the trade policy measures that may influence our sourcing countries in general or the textile industry specifically
- Keeping track of the political movements within our industry, so we can stay at the forefront and contribute to the solution to the coming requirements.
- Strong political skills to read and digest comprehensive reports and legislative proposals
- Strong analytical skills to convert the policy matters into a business context in BESTSELLER
- Graduated with a degree within the political or analytical field is a benefit, but not requirement
- Strong communicative skills to explain the policy developments to our colleagues at all levels
- Past work experience, preferably from a related role
- Knowledge of lobbyism, legislative processes and/or political trade sanctions is an advantage
- Insights into the textile industry is an additional benefit.
You will be our representative in a variety of forums, so it is essential that it comes natural to you to share your viewpoints to a large group of people whom you may have never met. You never shy away from asking questions, challenging widespread perceptions, and asking for support and guidance from people with more experience within the field.
You thrive in an independent role with plenty of room to have impact on the way we get the job done. You have the courage to step onto unfamiliar ground – supported and guided by colleagues, whenever necessary. It is important to us that you have an open and honest mindset, since we pave the way as we go and need to bounce ideas off each other freely and share constructive feedback.
We look forward to hearing from you
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Peter Holm Jensen on +45 52 15 48 89. Otherwise, please send us your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 2 February 2022. We review applications on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to take down the ad, when we find the right candidate.
At BESTSELLER, we are more than 15,000 people in 38 different countries working for over 20 fashion brands such as JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT, NOISY MAY and Y.A.S. We are a family-owned company with a strong foundation and values to build on, empowering us to pursue the ideas we believe in to take BESTSELLER forward. We are committed to diversity and provide equal opportunities for everyone, irrespective of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity. We strive to create an empowering environment where people can thrive and develop. For more information, visit www.about.bestseller.com.