Senior Commercial Sustainability Manager
A.P. Moller - Maersk is looking for an experienced Senior Commercial Sustainability Manager to join our Commercial Sustainability team.
Maersk is a global leader in integrated container logistics working to connect and simplify our customers’ supply chains. Customer centricity is an integral part of everything we do as a company, and we are witnessing a very strong momentum of increasing expectations from our customers to shape a sustainable future together. More than half of Maersk’s 200 largest customers have set – or are in the process of setting – ambitious science-based or zero carbon targets for their supply chains.
As part of our commercial sustainability team you will have a critical role to play helping customers to meet these targets together with colleagues across the Maersk organisation. In addition, you will be part of integrating Maersk’s strategic ambitions on sustainability and decarbonisation into and across the Maersk organisation.
Are you ready for it?
Maersk is a global company with a leadership position in the shipping and logistics industry.
We have the ability and the responsibility to contribute to a more sustainable future, and we take an industry-leading role on global issues where we have the competencies and leverage to make a real difference.
As the global integrator of container logistics, our sustainability priorities are to enable sustainable trade by decarbonising logistics, embedding sustainability in our end-to-end offerings, and ensuring responsible business practices across all sustainability areas.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
The area of commercial focussed sustainability is under rapid development and is significantly growing in importance for our customers and for Maersk. You will have the opportunity to influence and shape this development.
The environment is international, diverse and dynamic with focus on high performance and achieving results through teamwork.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
As the new Senior Commercial Sustainability Manager you will be part of Maersk’s Commercial sustainability team placed in our HQ in Copenhagen and reporting to the Head of Key Client Management & Sustainability in the Global Sales & Marketing organisation.
You will be part of a commercial sustainability team who is responsible for developing and rolling-out Maersk’s Sustainability Value proposition to our customers – a value proposition which is based on customers sustainability needs and include development of sustainability solutions and products which can help our customers to decarbonise their logistics. We do not do all this work alone, our team collaborates closely with many other functions across the Maersk organisation such as sales & marketing, products, communication, innovation, and many others responsible for driving sustainability progress within their own areas of responsibility. A central part of our team’s responsibility is to work directly with Maersk’s largest customers on forming sustainability partnerships and bringing customers onboard our decarbonisation solutions in close collaboration with sales colleagues.
- Engaging and consulting directly with customers and sales colleagues on creating commercial sustainability opportunities and wins
- Establishing and driving sustainability partnerships with selected customers
- Engaging with, guiding and training sales colleagues, senior leaders and other internal stakeholders to enable dialogue, collaboration and commercial sustainability wins with customers
- Collaborating with sustainability product owners and other internal functions on the development of new sustainability value propositions, products and solutions
- Representing Maersk externally in customer and industry forums from a sustainability perspective.
We are looking for
Preferred experience and skills:
- Min. 10 years of experience in B2B sales and a Master degree in a relevant field (sustainability/ logistics/ business/ finance)
- Excellent understanding of logistics solutions and operations covering different modes of international transportation, warehousing and distribution, e-commerce, 3PL/ 4PL solutions
- Consultative sales experience in logistics demonstrating customer-centric mindset in direct customer engagements
- Strong interest in sustainability and developments on the topic. It’s an advantage to have hands-on experience with sustainability particularly with decarbonisation, but not a requirement.
- Proficient in stakeholder management with proven capability to build strong networks and influence decision makers in a matrix organization structure
- Strong visual and verbal presentation skills, including ability to listen and capture customers’ needs and feedback
- A strong drive, ability to deliver results independently and an attention to details
- Resilient to change and comfortable with fast shifting priorities, workload and responsibilities
- Full professional proficiency in English. Knowledge of additional languages would be an advantage, but not a requirement.