Sustainability Reporting & Communications Manager
Are you looking for the opportunity to help take an international fashion company to the next level and increase sustainability’s position within the business? At BESTSELLER, we want to accelerate fashion’s journey towards a sustainable reality. Join us.
Are you looking for the opportunity to help take an international fashion company to the next level and increase sustainability’s position within the business?
At BESTSELLER, we want to accelerate fashion’s journey towards a sustainable reality. Join us on this exiting journey.
Reporting to the Sustainability Manager, you will become a part of BESTSELLER’s Sustainability department, which is dedicated to inspiring, engaging and leading our business to become more resilient and sustainable. We are an international team of experienced colleagues who share a passion for taking BESTSELLER to the next level within sustainability. Having recently launched an ambitious sustainability strategy, now is the time for us to take more action and enable greater progress, faster. Our new Sustainability Reporting & Communications Manager will play a critical role.
Alongside our internal work, we participate in major international forums and initiatives for sustainable textiles, and collaborate with external peers to influence the future of sustainable fashion.
As Sustainability Reporting & Communications Manager, your day-to-day work will be wide-ranging and include significant responsibility. You have a key role in delivering on our new strategy. You will help steer BESTSELLER’s proactive communication surrounding our sustainability strategy, and you will manage our annual reporting cycle, ensuring that we deliver professional and well-written reports. In addition, you will contribute to internal and external communication regarding the progress of our work and strategy.
Specifically, your areas of responsibility include:
- Responsibility for BESTSELLER’s sustainability reporting – including managing the annual cycle and the writing and project coordination of our reports
- Managing our external sustainability communication strategy including regular communication with our various external stakeholders as well as supporting BESTSELLER’s brands in their sustainability related communication
- Coordination and development of BESTSELLER’s internal communication on sustainability
- Participating in selected stakeholder forums where communication is part of the agenda
- Attending relevant industry events and meetings
You can expect approx. 20 annual travel days.
- You have a relevant degree, e.g. within communication
- You have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience working professionally with sustainability reporting and sustainability communication – ideally within the textile and apparel industry
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken – preferably native speaker
- You have broad knowledge about various sustainability topics from social/labour to environmental issues – and have a clear understanding of the latest sustainability communication strategies
- You have experience working with various sustainability reporting frameworks
- You know your audience, can adjust the message accordingly and have experience with communication to various stakeholders
- You have a flair for the written word and an eye for accuracy
- You have excellent project management skills
Our desired candidate
You are able to work autonomously whilst demonstrating good team work capabilities. You are used to working with multiple stakeholders, so coordinating tasks across departments and locations comes naturally to you. You are timely and diligent when it comes to your tasks, and you set high standards for the materials you produce. You have a structured approach to your work and demonstrate the ability to manage several tasks at the same time while adhering to deadlines.
We look forward to hearing from you
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Dorte Rye Olsen on +45 25 51 35 94. Otherwise, send us your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 29 March 2019.
We review applications on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to take down the ad, when we find the right candidate.
Depending on your preference, we are open to you working out of one of our Danish offices (Copenhagen, Aarhus or Brande) as well as our location in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
About BESTSELLER A/S
More than 17,000 people work at BESTSELLER worldwide.
BESTSELLER is a family-owned clothing and accessories company founded in Denmark in 1975, providing fast affordable fashion for women, men, teenagers and children under brands such as JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, JUNAROSE, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT and Y.A.S. Products are available online, in branded chain stores, in multibrand and department stores. For more information, visit www.about.bestseller.com.