Would you like to contribute to driving the environmental strategy for BESTSELLER
As our new Environmental Specialist, you will assume a key role in accelerating sustainability, both within and outside BESTSELLER. You will support the further development of the strategy for climate, water and biodiversity to enable us to deliver on our
At BESTSELLER, we are committed to accelerate our journey towards a more sustainable future, bringing fashion forward until we are climate positive, fair for all and circular by design. Join us on this exciting journey.
You will join BESTSELLER’s Sustainability team who are committed to inspiring, engaging and leading our business and industry to become more sustainable. We are an international team of skilled and driven colleagues, each focusing on a specific area that will support our ambitious sustainability strategy, Fashion FWD. Alongside our internal work, we participate in major international forums and initiatives and collaborate with external peers to influence the future of our industry. Consequently, we provide a dynamic work environment with every opportunity to shape the sustainability agenda and initiate and execute significant change with global impact.
As our new Environmental Specialist, you will assume a key role in accelerating sustainability, both within and outside BESTSELLER. You will support the further development of the strategy for climate, water and biodiversity to enable us to deliver on our Fashion FWD strategy.
More specifically, your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Overall support in setting our water strategy targets
- Mapping of water-related impacts and collecting water use data throughout the value chain
- Conducting water risk assessment to map BESTSELLER's impact in regards to water stress
- Working with stakeholders on possible strategies to eliminate water-related risks
- Collecting data from various stakeholders in the business to calculate GHG emissions
- Collaborating with the organisation to show progress against targets and work towards incorporating emission reductions into “business as usual”
- Setting up a project team to work on IT tracking system for Science Based Targets on GHG emissions
- Supporting effective communication and reporting on Science Based Targets e.g. for the annual sustainability report
- Engaging with industry forums and external stakeholders to stay up-to-date with best practices within water, climate and biodiversity.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in relevant field, such as Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Climate Change or Sustainability (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience in the areas of climate and/or water
- Experience supporting or developing advice and guidance related to carbon emissions and water impacts, monitoring targets, and setting plans and programmes for environmental improvements
- Understanding of the GHG Protocol, ISO 14001/14064 and Science Based Targets
- Experience in collecting data and utilizing data to inform internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in a large, international organisation will be beneficial
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Our desired candidate
You communicate with great impact based on your strong knowledge on environmental sustainability and your business acumen. As you will be collaborating with colleagues across BESTSELLER and with partners in the industry, it is key that you can establish and develop relations at all levels. It is inherent in you to be proactive, and consequently, you always aim for innovative solutions that will enable us to maintain our competitive edge. You are structured and can manage several tasks at the same time, while adhering to your deadlines. Furthermore, you work well independently and always follow through with your projects – from strategy to implementation.
Location: Ideally, you will work out of our office in Aarhus, since this is our primary base. It may, however, also be possible for you to work from our Copenhagen office.
Travels: You can expect travels to account for up to 15 percent of your working hours, which includes regular travels between our Danish offices (Aarhus, Brande and Copenhagen).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact our Senior Environmental Specialist Anneke Keuning on +45 52 15 40 67. Otherwise, send us your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 6 October 2020. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to take down the ad, when we find the right candidate.
About BESTSELLER A/S
More than 15,000 people work at BESTSELLER worldwide.
BESTSELLER is a family-owned clothing and accessories company founded in Denmark in 1975, providing fast affordable fashion for women, men, teenagers and children under brands such as JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT and Y.A.S. Products are available online, in branded chain stores, in multi-brand and department stores. For more information, visit www.about.bestseller.com.